Windows 98 AND xp

lurk are you sure he needs that? For example my psu has emty things that could be plugged in. Isnt that just for if you dont have any more plugs?

No i need the adapter i have not slots for anouther cable, this PSU is a smaller PSU that was ment for SFF PC (the one im working with) its only a 200 and only has power cable for harddrive,floppy,and cd-rom.

ChuNalt787 said:
lurk are you sure he needs that? For example my psu has emty things that could be plugged in. Isnt that just for if you dont have any more plugs?

Normally speaking an older system has only enough power plugs(molex connectors) for what is already installed. Especially branded computers like dell,hp,etc.(they don't give you anything extra)
So it was a reasonable suggestion as to what he needed.

Now there are a lot of PSU that are installed with "empty things" that could be plugged in. Most are for other types of connections...AMD set-ups use a certain set of plugs and Intel uses another certain set. Both sets are usually installed on a PSU because the unit is AMD/Pentium switchable and the manufacturer doesn't know what you will be using. With a branded named computer the PSU is usually proprietary and will have only one set of the connectors for whatever chip they use.
For the newer builds of today the PSU is a switchable type with more power and more plugs for all that needs to be installed. But even then you will run out because of fans and extra drives and all.

This PSU was ripped ouot of an older dell...im planning on buying a new one soon, one more question ( i dont want to start anouther thread) I'v been working on my small pc for a little now and iv noticed that it heats up to some pretty high temps, the problem is there is no room for a case fan and i mean none (the pc is about as big as a dictionary) so are there any other options i have for cooling?

Well where would you need the extra fan to be? Do you have very good venting because if you drill a couple of holes into your computer you could get the temperature down to a reasonable rate, well that's what I did anyway.

Thats what i was thinking but im gonna save that my case untill there are no other options, are there any fans could buy some were that are smaller that a 80mm?

I think there might be a 60mm but that would be hard to find. Any others would have to be custom made

Back
Top Bottom