Give you Advice on this Idea of a New PC.

ardy89 said:
how do u knwo the r520 will run hot, u must b able to go 4ward in time or summat caoz i'm sure there nor out yewt and anyways we'll have to see wat the actuall physical results bring. finit!

because it is going to use R3 silicon fabs, which have a higher discharge rate and thus, higher heat dissipation. Now, ATi could try a crossover transistor patch which would lower the average temps by a good 10-15C, but that would make the card more expensive then the 7800GTX is now, which is already EXPENSIVE. A single 7800GTX outperforms two 6800Ultras, so with two of them, what more can you ask of the graphics?

After seeing AllanPotter's PC, I am upping this build to a whole new level, this thread is garbage compared to his PC. I am going to try and get the world record with my next PC in 3DMark05 and AquaMark3 by shattering the 100K in AquaMark and hitting 25K in 3DMark05.

U gonna volt mod ur grafix cards den, coz theres no way u'll do it it withpout a volt mod!!

Wow from what i just read, i was away fro like a month or two and a new and powerful card is kicking ass, yet again

ardy89 said:
U gonna volt mod ur grafix cards den, coz theres no way u'll do it it withpout a volt mod!!

Volt modding is childs play, I will directly MOD the wafers in the lab at purdue once I have access to the Nsignia Laser (the laser used at the nanotechnology building to design wafers). A think a few 120nm bursts should open a hole in the transistors large enough to create a data drop point. Then, fire an emission particle stream directly at that, and the transistors will rejoin, but with a large overvolt region. Volt modding x 4! :D VTFS is fun!

i completely understood everything u just sed, lol!!! I do it all the time! Nah it sounds gud, as long as it gets the results u want!

I have decided to go ahead and wait on building this insane PC until Crossfire rears its ugly head and I see what it can do with the new R520 chip.. maybe ATi will pull it off this time around.. good luck ATi, the 7800GTX is hideously powerful..

Back
Top Bottom