My new machine :)

Why is everyone so against 2GBs of RAM? You do realize that it allows Windows to use more RAM? The more physical memory you have, the smaller the page file has to be, which means the faster the PC goes for a longer period of time. 2GBs will be EXCELLENT to have when Longhorn arrives.

I'm getting 2GB of RAM to allow me to run Battlefield 2 on whatever settings I want (since at full settings maxed, it uses more than 1GB). I like to be secure in what I buy, and the way I figure it is, spend more now, less later. ;)

DarkBlade said:
Why is everyone so against 2GBs of RAM? You do realize that it allows Windows to use more RAM? The more physical memory you have, the smaller the page file has to be, which means the faster the PC goes for a longer period of time. 2GBs will be EXCELLENT to have when Longhorn arrives.

2GB is not really necessary. 1GB is just fine. It is fine with me and there is plenty of memory for my system to operate.

You need to 2GB for Battlefield 2? I just bought it and have it maxed out.. no problems.. it runs just fine.. I don't really like it though. I think I might take it back for a refund. Sorry for being so negative. :(

I don't know about you guys but I find my CPU max out a lot. I have 1GB of RAM which I use about half of it most of the time.

Giancarlo said:
You need to 2GB for Battlefield 2? I just bought it and have it maxed out.. no problems.. it runs just fine.. I don't really like it though. I think I might take it back for a refund. Sorry for being so negative. :(

Is Battlefield 2 worth the money? Hm, I think I'll wait for it to get cheaper...

What I can't wait for is Gears of War :D A Xbox 360 Exclusive and it's on PC. It uses Unreal Engine 3 and has online Co-Op :D:D:D

Ahhhh...oh well. Since my PC is good for right now, I'll concentrate my investments on the console arena.

For gaming and normal use, 2gb is more then enough. However, for my line of work, testing science simulators, 2gb is pretty much the minimum.

With the dawn of 64bit, new software will require MASSIVE amounts of ram. Be prepared for a large leap in minimum requirements in the next few years...

I really don't see these large leaps happening because I see that operating systems will be made differently, and hopefully be more efficient.

I have 1 gb and let me tell you... it's plenty. Longhorn won't come out until like, what, this fall, aruond sept. or oct. or soemthing like that, so we have some time. but yeah. I upgraded from 512mb and the difference was huge! But 2g is really just for extreme mulitaskers and video editors and the like. 1g suffices.

Back
Top Bottom