starting up computer in safe mode

Its an hp Pavilion. Does the fact that its a laptop change what i should press? The buttons keep changing too, now esc isnt even one on the options. :confused:

lurkswithin said:
The F8 for start-up option is what you are looking for.
This is normally refered to as the start page or start-up page. Reboot your computer and as soon as it posts the graphics and memory clock speed(the very first thing you see on your monitor) toggle the F8 and keep doing it till you get the start-up page with safemode option on it. If it doesn't come up and your computer boots to windows let it completely launch windows and then restart the system and try it again.keep doing it till you get there.
He has already tried that and he keeps getting this other strange menu which I think is the bios, is it possible for his bios setup button to be the same one? if so maybe he is pressing it at the wrong time and getting into the bios.

Also, he says that some "options were not showing now, such as Esc"
He is ending up somewhere he shouldn't obviously, unelss it is the bios, I have no clue. I too have a Pavilion. I know nothing of this...
any ideas?

I have a Pavilion too, Maybe try doing this
use MSCONFIG

Start > Run > MISCONFIG

Now click on the BOOT.INI tab

now under the "Move Down" button there should be a "Time Out" Box , Set it to something like 10 Sec

Now restart and try again

Back
Top Bottom