My new machine :)

Yeah, amd is pretty good. I have to admit. I have one right now. I used to have an intel 3.2 ghz with ht and let me tell you... this machine that I have right now runs so much faster... it boots up like no other and is freakin just blazin... get an amd dude... that's the way to go.

I agree AMD owns intel like no ones business. My dad is a intel guy. I laugh at him. And he wonders why he has so many problems with speed. My first computer ever was a intel 500 Mhz. But I didn't even know what was in it. I just knew the HD sucked with 5 GBs and that I always had to resintall diablo.

My dad was using Intel, until I got him to switch to a Barton 2500+, and then later to an AMD 64 3200+... it takes a bit of pushing.. then I mentioned the AMD 64 literally whips the P4 out of business.

I remember having an Intel Pentium 233MHz MMX.. at that point I was solidly pro-Intel.. but Intel had its stuff together back in those times.. AMD was crap back then. Now it is the other way around.

Haha, my dad doesn't really care what he uses, just as long as it gets the work done. He's too cheap to switch this and that. He's still using his HP Pavilion with a Intel Pentium III running at 500mhz, 512mb of RAM, 10gb Hard Drive and the good ol' nVIDIA TNT2 - Vanta Graphics Card :D

Well since my dad does have his computer in a network, and there are two other computers shared he needs to have something a bit more powerful... that's why he got and AMD 64.

Yeah, I'm in visual basic.net. am doing some video editing (i'm an ametuer but hey) and massive gaming, so yeah, I work and I earned this computer so yeah. amd was just THE choice.

Yeah, that's a good choice. Especially because upgrading to the dual cores will just take the chip and a bios change. for an intel upgrade, we're talking a new mobo... so yeah.

I like it. Maybe I'll buy that too...Well, just the CPU and mobo. the rest I have

Don't get 2 GB it's ponitless you'll see like a 2% performance increase on games.

Maybe if you do server hosting and heavy video editing I can see the point!

Maybe the extra money can go to a DVD R?

Or faster internet connection?

Maybe a mother's day present. (next year)

Back
Top Bottom