Monitor not responsive

Shutle

Baseband Member
HI, I have a pentium celeron and I am trying to install Windows Me or Xp. There is currently no OS on my computer. I encountered various problems when trying to install windows but now all my jumpers are fine, and the only thing connected to my motherboard is the screen. It is the second time I encounter the problem of my screen not responding, the first time I fixed it by reseting the BIOS and allowing BIOS flash. I did that again but it didn't help. I need some advice.

Hmm seems to me maybe the video card in your PC isn'[t switching on. have you got the monitorplugged into the right port? You might have two inside your pc (one in an agp slot (or pci-e slot) and one on the motherboard, so try finding another VGA connection.

The bios reset could have worked before maybe because it might have switched on/off the onboard video making it power up the monitor, so thats why you should check the connection.

I hope this heps :)

Thanks for the advice, these are ofcourse the first things that should be checked when screens dont respond.
My motherboard has three power connectors for the fans. One wire is black and white, it goes from the power box to the motherboard. The other is red yellow and black and go from the cpu fan to the motherboard. The third, that was disconnected and the source of my problem, is the system fan that connects the chasis.
How the chasis power affects the screen I dont know, but I'll make sure to check for it whenever I open my PC.

Back
Top Bottom