Notebook Help

passiontorun

Baseband Member
OK i know this does not belong here but could not find a place it would properly fit. I just bought a HP Pavilion ZD8205 notebook. It is 512 mb and 80gb on a 17 inch wide screen, battery sucks with only 2 hours of running time. Upgrading memory and battery, how would I go about this, can i do it, and what would you do....Thanks Alot..

http://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/shopping/cto/computer_customize_components.do#BATTERY

That notebook is the newer version and there really isn't a lot out there that can be substituted for the original manufacturer and also because of the warranty issues, I recommend that you use the replacement battery that will give you an adittional 2 hours and also I recommend that you use the DDR2 1 gig memory update that the system is capable of using.
DDR2 uses the dual channel capabilities without having to match the ram sticks that is normal for regular dual channel DDR memory

Ok so where can I find this replacement battery..can u send me a link..or tell me somewhere. And you are saying that I can run a 256 mb catridge with a 1 gb cartridge at the same time. You know any good downloads I should get to make this computer better. Thanks Alot Lurks Within.

http://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/shopping/product_detail.do?product_code=DP390A
for the battery.
No I did not say that you could USE the existing stick that you have with the DDR2.What I said was that DDR2 allows you the use of different ram values to maintain Dual channel capabilities. This means that the sticks of ram do not have to be identical as in size like other dual channel capable systems. But they would have to be the same speed. Your existing 512megs is set at 400mhz and is regular DDR. DDR2 on your system requires a 533mhz setting. Although the DDR2 is backward compatable and should work on the 400mhz setting it will (by default) only operate at the lowest speed of the installed ram sticks.
What I suggested was to purchase the 1 gig of DDR2@533mhz ram to upgrade your system and thus removing the existing ram.
The best programs that are availlable to improve any system is anti-virus and anti spyware/malware utillities. There are many sites that are availalable to get these from. This is one of my most favorite sites for software:(it is the main mirror site for most software)
http://www.majorgeeks.com
note*** there is little difference between performance between purchased programs and free ones. What I use is:
spywareblaster, spybot s&d,adawareSE, Ccleaner, and AVG, and winpatrol.
Good luck with your new notebook

Ok so with the battery, I would just take the old one out and put that one in, or is there a way to put both batteries in. And for the memory would I just take both 256 mb sticks out, and then put the 1gb stick in one of the slots? Sry for being so dumb. You guys are a great help. Thankyou so much.. If you got the same notebook as me, what would be the first thing u would do.

new battery in, replace old one?

or use both in computer..sry i dont know, but this is important to me

Back
Top Bottom