I have a question about Dell and Sony laptops?

Giancarlo said:
So beautiful.. I think I got a turned on from looking at the specs... except that damn ATI graphics card.. aww...

Haha, seriously...the X700 is not worthy of the Ferrari title :(

Giancarlo said:
Didn't Acer get implicated in a lawsuit that involved Intel paying them off and threatening them into keeping intel CPUs? As a political science major (which involves a lot of corporate law), I did see that Intel's own CEO is rumored to have gone to Asia (I think either Taiwan or Japan) to threaten the CEO of Acer.

Acer is based in Taiwan. The founders of ASUS were originally from Acer...they decided to leave Acer and start a new company. I remember my dad telling me that for a while, ASUS struggled to keep pace with the market. They did so bad some employees wanted to go back to Acer, but Acer didn't let them (I'm not suprised). Now, ASUS is one of the best motherboard and graphics card manufacturers in the market.

Well, I am not an ATi fan either, but ATi mobile GPUs are far more power saving then their hefty power hog nVidia sister cards... That is why. Like I said, the AMD Turion technology is starting to become more popular. The AMD Turion uses 1/2-3watts while the Pentium M uses 3-6 watts. It vastly is improved over the Pentium M, giving it the highest battery life ever concieved and it is almost twice as efficient as the Pentium M, and it is 64BIT.. what more do you need. Young_Ash, go with a Turion notebook.... Intel is a lousy company...

Oh, and BTW Young_Ash... The battery life on a Turion based notebook has a MINIMUM of 5 hours no matter the GPU and a max of 12 hours with minimum configs!

Hey Alvino... do you know who ASRock is??? They make good motherboards as well. They are owned and operated by ACER. ACER is awesome. I used to like ASUS.. until they got overpriced and underperforming in this recent lineup of nForce4 boards.

DarkBlade said:
Well, I am not an ATi fan either, but ATi mobile GPUs are far more power saving then their hefty power hog nVidia sister cards... That is why. Like I said, the AMD Turion technology is starting to become more popular. The AMD Turion uses 1/2-3watts while the Pentium M uses 3-6 watts. It vastly is improved over the Pentium M, giving it the highest battery life ever concieved and it is almost twice as efficient as the Pentium M, and it is 64BIT.. what more do you need. Young_Ash, go with a Turion notebook.... Intel is a lousy company...

The x700 is not a worthy graphics card, and I believe that a 6600GT for example, does not consume much power. But yes what you say about wattage is true. The Pentium M.. well Intel like always is too arrogant to make anything new... it is funny.. they have the money yet they won't put out a decent CPU.

I used to like ASUS.. until they got overpriced and underperforming in this recent lineup of nForce4 boards.

Asus is not overpriced, nor is it underperforming.

Well ASUS's graphics cards are a bit expensive, but they load em' with so much stuff! Their cooling solutions are insane too!

Back
Top Bottom