bios upgrades

jskam

Solid State Member
hi i have an award bios with the following details
BIOS Name Award Modular BIOS v6.00PG
BIOS Version 6.00 PG
BIOS Date 02/20/2002

i tried finding upgrades for this version of bios but i coudnt find any.
i visited the www.award-bios.com website. but there i am not able to click the asia link
can somebody help me with finding the upgrades?

Flashing Bios...

Doing a flash is risky. I'd rather tell you that the risk of screwing things up and having a useless motherboard far outweigh the minor bug fixes an update does. If your machine is running ok then it's not nessacery to do updates/upgrades. These are offered to fix minor bugs found in bios code that was not found before the code was released for use.
If it ain't broke don't fix it...

Re: Flashing Bios...

setishock said:
Doing a flash is risky. I'd rather tell you that the risk of screwing things up and having a useless motherboard far outweigh the minor bug fixes an update does. If your machine is running ok then it's not nessacery to do updates/upgrades. These are offered to fix minor bugs found in bios code that was not found before the code was released for use.
If it ain't broke don't fix it...
my bios does not have APM settings, so i have a problem while shutting down the pc and its not yet resolved..
so i want to upgrade it...

will upgrading solve the shutdown issue

jskam said:
my bios does not have APM settings, so i have a problem while shutting down the pc and its not yet resolved..
so i want to upgrade it...

will upgrading solve the shutdown issue

Hard question to answer. It depends also on what motherboard that you have and whether the chip can use an APM setting. APM settings in the bios are generally used with an ATX formfactor while AT formfactors did not use it. An older system usually means an older formfactor such as AT and thus your board may not take it. Some AT builds could upgrade but you would still have to manually turn off the system

lurkswithin said:
Hard question to answer. It depends also on what motherboard that you have and whether the chip can use an APM setting. APM settings in the bios are generally used with an ATX formfactor while AT formfactors did not use it. An older system usually means an older formfactor such as AT and thus your board may not take it. Some AT builds could upgrade but you would still have to manually turn off the system

i have AT power supply, but in your message you said, some motherboards could upgrade from AT to ATX, how will i know mine does? or not? and how

jskam said:
i have AT power supply, but in your message you said, some motherboards could upgrade from AT to ATX, how will i know mine does? or not? and how
I said that they could take the upgrade in the bios. To change the formfactor by upgrading the BIOS is not possible as it consists of hardware changes
on the motherboard itself and also in the power supply and other areas too.

Back
Top Bottom