New PC

Jargon

BSOD
Hey, I might be getting this low cost gaming PC soon, And just wanted to know what you guy's think of it.

Corsair 1024MB Ram PC3200----- 066405 --- £53.99

Western Digital 40GB------ 040469--- £27.37

Gigabayte S939 Motherboard------ 091670--- £45.47

AMD Athlon 64 3000+------ 088105--- £81.97

I CUte ATX Gaming case------ 088664--- £28.99

XFX Geforce 6600------ 090643 --- £69.67

Acer 17" Monitor------ 055684--- £51.05

Total Including VAT And Shipping £430

I know this isn't the best of gaming PC's, But I'm on a real tight budget, And will probably upgrade the hardrive to a Sata 120GB, And the graphics card to a 6800GT about 5 months after I've purchased the system. I'm hoping the 6600GT will have dropped in price by then?

My main question is will this system run games like half life 2 and doom 3 on full settings?

Thanks for all the replies

P.S
I will be ordering the parts from www.ebuyer.com
All products can be found by going to their website and typing the numbers in between the price and product description on my list above

thats a good gaming pc! only thing you might wanna think about down the road is anouther harddrive maybe anouther 40gig, but thats a good gaming pc man 6600gt is a great card (From whati hear) im thinking about getting one myself!

Yeah that is a pretty decent gaming rig, I have one thats similar and I can run games on full settings without a problem. And I agree with the guy above me, if you're into gaming you might want a larger hard drive.

Yup, dun bother upgrading to the 6800 from the 6600 gt in a few months, price isn't worth the performance if you already bought a 6600 gt in my opinion. It'd be better spent on a larger hard drive like the other two people said.

That's a pretty good gaming machine. And upgrade to a 6800GT in a few months time. It would be the best buy.

Save up and upgrade in a few months to the 7800GTX when it drops in price. :D Best card around right now. The 6600GT BTW is a good card, they are not lying. Plays any game on HIGHEST quality with 60-120 FPS or more. :D Its silicon hybrid wafer design also enables some very decent OCing without fragmentation or overheating. Stable card, and it uses a lower voltage setting then the mighty and heat producing 6800 series. The new 7800GTX card is by far the sister card of the 6600GT, very similar in silicon fabing, and its core is designed off the same interconnects. :D

Umm, don't do that. the 7800GTX is not going to drop enough in price for it to be in your price range (as I'm looking at). If you are looking for a graphics machine and you have the money get the 7800GTX, however.. darkblade re-read his post again. He's on a tight budget. The graphics card will not fall enough to be in his range.

The 6600 should run him fine for a long time to come. If it can run bf2 well with an engine oriented towards the future then the 6600 will work. As far as the hd I would suggest just upgrading now. 40 isnt going to get you far at all. I reformated my comp and havent even intsalled half my stuff yet and im at 17 gigs used with only a gig of music. Good choice on the amd though. I would have gotten an amd if my dad wasnt an intel fanboy and paying for it.

Back
Top Bottom