Wanting to Update

If you are on a really tight budget I would say just upgrade the ram and vid card. If you are going to get a vid card with the intent of getting an amd with a new mobo in the future dont. You most likely have an agp which is phasing out. If you are going to get the new mobo get it now with the processor and a pci-e vid card. No need to buy old technology.

I don't think this mobo has an agp slot, Jordon must get the best pci card he can (some ati 9200 or geforce 5200) and at least one stick of 256 Ram extra...

Well on Monday I get to see the computer once again.. It's at my mom's and im getting it soon. Like I said, I 'Think' my friend's computer is the same as mine.. So I put up the specs for his. If I have an AGP slot would this change everything? If it doesn't have an AGP slot what could I get? If I got an ATI 9200 or GeForce 5200 and knocked up my RAM to 1GB would I be able to play all the high-end games on atleast medium quality without the AGP slot? Explain it all to me, for I must say, I am retarded :)

why don't you wait till monday and get the computer and then bump this post back up when you supply the exact specs that the computer has.
>to bump means that it will be moved back to the begining of the postings for that day<
To keep on about this without the specs is really quite sensless.

Alright.. It's Monday and I have the computer up in front of me now. I'll put the specs back up to what they really are.. Nothin changed too much:

System Manufacturer: Compaq Presario 061
Processor: Intel (R) Celeron (R) 2.70GHz (This Changed :) )
Memory: 256 MB of RAM
Same Video Card as I already said.. 64 MB Intel blah blah

So... What should I do? I know it's a P.O.S... I'm going to knock the memory up to 1GB because it has three slots for it. How do I know if it has an AGP Slot or not? I need specific details because I'm not the brightest when it comes to all of this. Tell me how to get the information on the stuff that I can get for this that's compatible. Hopefully I can play games on this :) Thanks for the help in future reference

---Jordon

In my opinion or IMO in Internet talk, I would try getting a new video card and bumping the memory to a gig. That should be it. CPU upgrade won't hurt but that's your call. Get an Nvidia Geforce 6600GT video card and use Corsair XMS DDR SDRAM 1GB.

#19---Can I get that kind of Video Card for this computer? Do I need an AGP slot? How can I tell if I have one? And how do I find out what my computer is capable of using (video card wise)?

Back
Top Bottom