A "Heavy" Box

AmericanSensei

Daemon Poster
Just like being a little kid, You see a box, Feel that it's fairly heavy, you think, Wow, That's gotta be something nice...

Anyways, I was at BestBuy and saw a Linux OS Box, with all kinds of crap inside, and it was fairly heavy...

Could someone please tell me what exactly Linux is, and If its better than the Usual..Just never heard of it.

The box had all kinds of features on it, Media players, Mulitiple Browsers, and the list went on and on..

AmericanSensei

hey guy!!!

Hope you're feeling better.
I use knoppix. It's simple to figure out and what I didn't know or figured out was as simple as a google search. And it's free...

Re: hey guy!!!

setishock said:
Hope you're feeling better.

Hey Buddy, How you doing?

Thanks, Lately my back has been doing a little better, but maybe that's just due to the pain pills I'm on. I go back to the Hospital next week, after demanding to see another doctor.I just hate my doctors because they arent "thorough" enough if you will, No X-rays, just visual assumptions and guesses, That may be fine for science, but not my back.

AmericanSensei

With linux do you need a boot disk to intall it? Or can i jsut download an .exe and run it and it wil install?

Linux installs a boot manager which is either Lilo Or Grub. So when you first boot your computer, it will ask what operating system you want either Windows or Linux, just click on your choice and it will load.

knoppix...

The copy I have operates from the cd. If I need to use it I just change the bootup device to cd and boot it. Keeps from having to go through the multi boot setup or something else sitting on my drives.

Back
Top Bottom