I have a question about Dell and Sony laptops?

DarkBlade said:
THEY .... NO! DO NOT GET AN INTEL BASED LAPTOP. AMD's new Turion technology make Centrino look like the stone age. Prepare for a CHEAP LAPTOP that SCREAMS!

Say hello to the death of Intel in the mobile Market. Did I mention this notebook get 5-7hours of battery life and is twice as fast as Intel Centrino's Pentium M chip and is also 64bit... I guess I did now..

http://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/s...otebooks/hp_pavilion&storeName=computer_store

BYE BYE you at Intel. AMD opened a can of mobile whoop ass on you. :D

Haha, calm down....It'll be a while before the Turion completely kicks the Pentium M's ass :D It will sooner or later, but it's the new Cowboy in town and people aren't completely trusting it yet.

take a look at http://www.hybridgear.net They're not a huge company, but I recently got a nice laptop from them. Good prices, alot better than dell, and while some cheapo shops might undercut them by $30-50 you really do get phenomonal sales and support. All support is A+ certified and speaks english! One minor glitch for one the 512 mb chips outta the gig they put in ddr 333 instead of ddr 400 by accident, and they overnight crosshipped a replacement that included a return shipping label. While mistakes aren't great in the first place, that is good support. They even offered "non-official" support in installing a Windows XP even though I bought the system no-os. Really over the top. We delt the Matt most of the time, but they were all great to work with. I think they ODM cleavo and mayber sager too, but if your curios they are upfront about it and have no problem telling you.

The Turion has been tested, and ACER is already fully supporting it. As a matter of fact, in light of recent court related issues, ACER has backstabbed Intel and is loading up with AMD based systems including their new Dual Core Opteron server and Ferrari Turion notebook. See the beauty... mmmm.. AMD....

Actually, the Pentium M is decent. BUT.. Young_ASH., you should not go with a Centrino based laptop.... Go with a Turion based system. They get 5-7 hours battery life on one charge, and needless to say, they are much much faster and cheaper then Centrino packages are since AMD undersells Intel by 300$ at each price/performance level. Do not be decieved by Intel's harsh and abusive marketing that tries to uphold that they are the best, because they are not. Go with the Turion, so you can install Windows Longhorn in less then a year. The Pentium M Centrino is 32bit, AMD's Turion is faster and is 64bit, and is CHEAPER... go figure.

Didn't Acer get implicated in a lawsuit that involved Intel paying them off and threatening them into keeping intel CPUs? As a political science major (which involves a lot of corporate law), I did see that Intel's own CEO is rumored to have gone to Asia (I think either Taiwan or Japan) to threaten the CEO of Acer.

I'm sure it depends on the model you choose.
for the t series it looks like 4-9 hours... I suppose you could always get a different battery later that would last longer.

So beautiful.. I think I got a turned on from looking at the specs... except that damn ATI graphics card.. aww...

Back
Top Bottom