Analyst: Sony to Lose 1 Billion on the Playstation 3

alvino said:
What?! Where did you get that? The Xbox 360 costs about $375 to make, but because Bill Gates wants it to launch at $299, they'll lose about $75 per console. The difference is that Microsoft can afford to take that chance, while Sony can't. Sony has put so much time, effort and resources that they can't afford to mark the PS3 down anymore.

Sony makes a lot more stuff then just the playstation. if anything i would say sony as a hole company has more money then microsoft. Especially since more OS's are comming out they are going to lose a lot of money that windows has provided.

Giancarlo said:
Umm, sony is a very big company with a lot of resources too. They make many other things then just the PS3.

Well I didn't mean the WHOLE company, just that division.

Nik00117 said:
Frankly I doubt they'll lose anymoney.

They will, but they'll probably recouperate from it. Even Microsoft is losing about $75 per Xbox 360, but Microsoft can afford it.

alvino said:

Well if you compare just the Xbox division and the playstation division i would still say playsation has more money because of the PSP.

alvino said:

No. What you said was that Sony could not sustain a loss like microsoft. I'm simply saying it can more then easily do that.

Back
Top Bottom