Intel Pentium D processor

Nic220

Solid State Member
Is the new Pentium D worth having with the 64-bit and dual core feature? Also is PCI express better for video cards or is AGP still good, and are MSI, Gigibyte or Biostar any good for motherboards?

1- It depends, for gaming, an athlon fx 57 or an athlon x2 should be better, for video editing, business or multitasking pentium D is fine.
2-Agp is good, so pci express, but the latter is the new standard.
3-To me, In that same order...

Allright, so is the dual core thing not that good cause I wanted to get a 64-bit/dual core and an intel one is like 250 but the AMD ones are like 800.I liked the Fx-57 but i don't know if its out yet or how much it will be but probley alot. I like amd more than intel but intel was cheaper this time so, nmot to sure. I am going for another gamming pc from my current one. Also u said MSI was the best in the order i gave u?

If it's for the money, yes, pentium D's are budget now compared to Amd, and msi/gigabyte are better than Biostar...

Last question: is the Pentium D (8xx)worth getting for the price and gamming use i could get from it.

If you get a good amount of RAM and a powerful video card, it would do the job...

this is what i looked at so far was a Pentium D (64-bit/dual-core) 2.8ghz, 512mb 533FSB ram, and a 256 ATI Radeon PCI Express video card.

No. If you're going to go for gaming, a budget processor would be the AMD Athlon 64 3500+. If you have the money, wait for the FX-57 or just get the FX-55. Dual-core processors don't really improve overall gaming performance. They're designed to be for intense applications and heavy multitasking.

allright i'll do some more research and i'll get back to u. cause i would much rather stihck with an amd

Back
Top Bottom