Is this possible?

G9

Daemon Poster
My co-worker says that he has 38 CPU's at home, and that all of them are connected. He also says that they run at the same processor speed (which is incredibly fast) and that they combine their storage into over 1 terabyte. He has connected them online to a server (that he has at home), so he can access the computer anywhere by tapping the URL and password.

Is this possible, and if so, how can I do something like this? (I have 2 CPU's at home I'm willing to experiment with, including a laptop that I plan to use as the control station)

You can do it with one computer at home, it is called 'remote desktop', for more details go to Windows XP help console on your computer and type remote desktop...
Of course you need another computer outside to connect to your home...

Okay, thanks! Is it possible to connect more than one CPU to get a single processing speed and harddrive?

(sorry to go off topic here but I have to ask this)

G9 - are you the same guy from comptektalk.com?

Well, for all the CPUs to work together as one, they either would need to be linked directly with a massive data link or be on the same PCB (motherboard) or have PCBs linking them together. Storage linking is easy, but linking 38 processors and claiming they are one is IMPOSSBILE. I believe the highest number of CPUs that can work as ONE is 8 with the exception of the Cell processor because of it using Vector processors instead of full cores.

crazyman143 said:
(sorry to go off topic here but I have to ask this)

G9 - are you the same guy from comptektalk.com?
yeah, I am. nice way to advertise ;)

thanks all... I'll give it a try.

Back
Top Bottom