Live 8 Concert

yellowsnowman

Daemon Poster
This is actually something of importance:

I urge you all to watch this, the Live 8 Concert, it is going on all day on select music channels. It is to raise awareness of the problems in Africa. As you all should know Africa is in a dire situation. This concert is a precedent to the G8 (meeting of the 8 most powerful leaders of the world).

This is something that should not be forgotten.

Please sticky this, or keep it bumped and on top

yeah i drove past gleneagles today (where g8 is being held)

they have some security system in place! nifty little camera's and a huge 3 layered metal fence(aparently 8miles of the stuff encloses the location!). (though there were still people within its boundaries playing golf!)

the concerts are a good idea. though this one is only to create awareness rather than money for africa. i wonder if that is really the right way to go.. raising money i would have thought was better, then you get the awareness anyway

this is raising money, the concert is free, and the musicians are donating money.

EDIT: The concert is not just there, its all over the world.

Yeah, it looks really good. I've been watching a bit on TV, and wow... the amount of people there... some great performances too, and there are about 9 is is? On in the whole world?

I've been watching it, some of the acts are rubbish, Keane can't sing, neither could Travis, and I thought Razorlight looked stupid t**ts (although they are a good band). Overall I thought it was a good idea, but poorly presented and executed, gtg, Snow patrol are playing

Wow, I disagree wholy, even if it was not presented as well as it could have been, the idea is awesome.

The idea should make teh concert sound awesome to anyone.

yellowsnowman said:
this is raising money, the concert is free, and the musicians are donating money.

EDIT: The concert is not just there, its all over the world.

I dont think the concert is free? could be wrong on that though

the musicians donating money? I dont think that would be anything near what it would be if they had half the world donating money!

and no concert is going on at Gleneagles, the G8 summit is, and it is only going on there, not all over the world.

no, it isnt free, I know some people that went and they had to pay. OMFG, Snow PAtrol were rubbish live, the lead singer was drunk or stoned or something, sounded awful. On CD they're great, but this was some druggies butchering a great song....disgusting. Makes you realise how much of the CD is edited in a studio. Most of the bands are much much worse live than on CD.

EDIT: Playing (in london) i think are REM, U2, Travis, Coldplay, Snow Patrol, UB40, Snoop Doggy (absolute rubbish, I can sing better than that), Robbie Williams, Destiny's Child, Razorlight, The Killers, Sting, Madonna, and a few more, cant think....the killers are playing now...gonna watch that too

Back
Top Bottom