older computers

Dude old comps are really good for internet use and so on. I know my dads friend would go to garge sales pick up old computers rebuild them put 40 or so bucks into them and sell them. We have a old 400 Mhz. We still use it. WWW.Newegg.com will help you out. I bet you could find old parts.

Tualatin is a Pentium III processor core, it's an 'alias' as you say 'northwood' or 'venice'...

Giancarlo said:
It could be a 486DX or something along that lines... maybe 486DX4/100MHz.. that came before the first Pentiums..

486DX was my first computer I do believe.

Old computers or ones that you can get for cheap and still run decently are great for downloading things from the net that you do not care if they have some type of virus attached to them. If anyone listens to the Opie and Anthony show, Anthony has a computer that he likes to call his "AIDS" computer. One that if something happens to it, say like a virus or worm then no biggie.

I use an old amd 350 as my "internet download thrash machine". Sort of like a honeypot. I'll download programs or files and whatnot and test them prior to loading them on my good machines. Still has all the original stuff in it, except the NIC I installed, and it still runs well. Sure I get viruses every now and then, but I just wipe the drive and install my saved XP image.

My 4 yr old uses it for his games, too.

I do have a P1 100MHZ with 1GB of disk space and 40MB RAM, running Win95...Harsh, it only supports 256colors or lower :(

i also have a packard bell 100 mg hz still works the one i just bought has 50 mghz cpu what do you think 486 or 386 i cannot figure out how to get into the bios on it to find out i tried f1 and f2 before windows started but that didnt do it any ideas?

I junked all my old stuff, but I still have a Commodore 64c with a 1541 & 1571 floppy drive, Geos 512k ram expansion caretidge, bucketloads of software in good working order, The Commodore monitor went west a couple of years ago. I also have a Amiga 500 that is a bit flaky, the power supply is on the way out...

it is a 486 dx2 i finally saw it whin it started delete didnt work either any other suggestions to get into bios?

Back
Top Bottom