Please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawkster

Beta member
I've tried to solve this problem for like 10 hours now.

Heres the background:
I download a game, i try to start the installation process, i get some error and it doesnt work. I downgrade from XP to windows 2000, that error no longer exists. The installation is now complete. I click on the button to start RoseOnline and I get the following error message:

The dynamic link library d3d9.dll could not be found in the specified path C:\Program Files\Triggersoft\Rose Online;.;C:\WINNT\System32;C:\WINNT\system;C:\WINNT;C:\WIN NT\systerm32;C:\WINNT;C:\WINNT\System32\Wbem.

I then went to this website: http://www.5starsupport.com/info/dll.htm

and copied the d3d9 file. I pasted the d3d9 file into:
C:\Program Files\Triggersoft\Rose Online
C:\WINNT\System32
C:\WINNT\System
C:\WINNT
C:\WINNT\System32\Wbem

I also renamed the same file to d3d9.dll and pasted both files into all of those folders. i get the same error.

There is one point. The icon for the d3d9 file is that of the wavey windows flag, while the icon for all of the other .dll files is the two gears.

Someone please help me solve this problem. I will be forever grateful

Two threads, one subject; Thread locked, DON'Tcome back a third time!

I do not see a solution to this problem unless the requirement for the DirectX9 is removed from your projector.

If your application was delivered by cd you could include the directx9 runtime installer for users to install themselves.

If they do not have the DLL and cannot install it the project will always fail.

duping threads...hawkster

hawkster,
Do not dup your threads. That is seriously frowned upon. If something is wrong with a posters reply just let one of the mods know. Don't start a new thread.

Hawkster stop double posting, as it will not get you an answer quicker

Ok to the rest of you fellers, let's keep it sociable...

Sorry guys, first post. The other one was moved from a different forum to this one. The game was downloaded online from www.roseon.com its a beta test of a new MMORPG. I have the latest DirectX

As it's a beta you should report the error to the software company. It looks like the website is like there software... cactus.

The page cannot be displayed

There is a problem with the page you are trying to reach and it cannot be displayed.

Please try the following:

Open the www.roseon.com home page, and then look for links to the information you want.
Click the Refresh button, or try again later.

Click Search to look for information on the Internet.
You can also see a list of related sites.

HTTP 500 - Internal server error
Internet Explorer

I solved it... i found the DLL and downloaded it to every folder, one that actually is the DLL... now I get this problem:

The procedure entry point DdEntry1 could not be located in the dynamic link library GDI32.dll.

what do i do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom