New Computer, No Sound

b182tm

In Runtime
Hey everyone,
I just got a new comp., with an ASUS P5GD1, with onboard audio. I cannot get my sound to work. I went into the disc that came with my mobo, went to drivers, and tried to install my Realtek Audio Driver. It went fine up until 50% completed, and then it gave me this Error message: "Cann't found Match Realtek HDAudio Info File!". (The spelling and grammar are exactly what was on the screen) When I clicked OK, it had a Warning message that said "Realtek HD Audio driver Setup Failure!" Anyone know how to fix this? I would have thought that all the files would be on the mobo disc. I can't play some of my games without the audio, so help would be great.
Thanks a lot,
Derek

This might be a problem with your windows install. But one thing to try before a reformat is the BIOS. Try engaging the ONBOARD AUDIO DEVICE through the BIOS. This will enable the audio chip to be powered and booted during a POST session.

Hey DarkBlade. Thanks for the response. I looked in BIOS, and it was already enabled. So you think it could be the way Windows was installed? How could I fix that?
Thanks,
Derek

Reformat windows, it seems that your audio codec installer was corrupted during the install. When you are going through the XP setup phase, make sure NOT to install and audio controller! :D Do that with your CD for the audio driver or use your chipsets driver instead of Realteks.

Sorry, but how do I reformat? I am new to computer OS's and software (Like, I've never reformatted :)
Thanks a lot,
Derek

Well, if you have a Windows XP disk, just pop that in and let it boot from the CD, then hit enter to install windows. It will tell u that u already have it. Then it will say press C or something to continue. Hit whatever key it wants, then it will give you some options. Select FORMAT in NTFS (the non-QUICK version)

One word, EXTREMELY. SP2 gets rid of those DUMB messanger services. SP2 has been fixed and doesn't effect performance at all anymore.

Alright...To tell you the truth, I got a free version of Win XP Pro from a guy I know(It's a stripped down version). My dad has Win XP, and I was going to try and load my dad's onto my comp., now that I have a version of XP. But my dad has SP1, so I dunno.
THanks,
Derek

Back
Top Bottom