low latency ram eliminate fps drops????

onimusha

In Runtime
i have terrible 2.5-4-4-8 512 ram of ddr 400. it runs at those settings only other wise it gets unstable. amd 64 3200 overclocked to amd 64 3800 speeds and 6800gt. my htt number is 240mhz my ram is at 200mhz (cant go higher cheap ram). will 1 gig dual channel ocz platinum rev 2 eliminate the large fps drops i get now in counter strike source?? believe me i have tried everything known to man and i still get fps drops below 30 with like 28 people on a map. I have newest drivers, i tried turning off aa and af and ran at 640 res i still go below 30fps (only in big areas with alot of people shooting).

what the hecks wrong with those latency timings?

Not a bad overclock to me that anyway :p

That frames per second isn't right by the way for your system, try turning off "vertical sync" if its set to on within the game :) Basically it sets the video card to only send out frames when the monitor is ready for it (60hz means 60fps for example all the time) though it can also act as a bottle neck for a system making it run slower, so try turning this off to get faster speeds :)

Your computer itself is definetly not the problem though, I guarantee that.

This isn't the problem, though I'm jsut curious to know what temp yuor CPU is running at? :p

I hope this helps :)

okay vsync is off my fps is at 200 sometimes so i know its off. my cpu never goes above 50c under heavy load and stays at 30c idle. i am using 1.450 vcore voltage on this winchester. and my current ram is 2.5-4-4-8 the new one is 2-2-2-5 and the new one can do 240mhz in sync in my htt at 240mhz.

right now my htt is 240mhz my ram is 200mhz. this is a bottleneck for my overclocked system thats why i ask if i should get ocz or not.

what else do i have to do to eliminate fps going below 30? i have tried everything and it seems this is the only option left, getting the best ram and adding 512 more of it.

This sounds more like an issue with both the RAM and possibly a power supply. What size in watts is the powersupply? This can give me a clue into the issue.

As far as the RAM goes, if you want RAM that can OC while maintaining its timings like no other, then get 1GB of this INSANITY.

http://www.crucial.com/ballistix/st...E139A5CA7304&WSMD=AN8-3rd+Eye&WSPN=BL6464Z402
Order two of these and OC them like no other while keeping your timings almost exactly the same.
EXAMPLE: My RAM was set at 470MHz with 2-3-3-7 timings!

And make sure you have at least a 450watt PSU for that setup. Also, raise your CPU voltage to 1.5V.

ocz 520 wat modstream just got it recently. the bad thing is that site you listed is american price and the store thats close to my house only has crosair and ocz type memories. its 254 before 15% tax is included for 1 gig two pieces of 512 ocz ram, same timings as the balistix. i really want that balistix but no where to get it from. i cant order online i only have a debt card.

254 canadian before 15% tax man that is alot of money. will this elinimate large fps drops in source counter strike? i have tried everything, i hope it does, i pray to god it does. If it does not there is a 15% restocking fee to return the ram, at least i think so, i hope there is no restocking fee lol.

Even if it doesn't fix it, we can go through other possibilities together. I will figure out the problem. The RAM can only help, not hurt! :D Its well worth that price, trust me, OCZ is like GOD of RAM, second only to Crucial's Ballistix.

Back
Top Bottom