Got My PC Parts....Now What To Do

I did it again, except I changed the direction of the fan so the power connector is closer to the actual CPU fan slot on the motherboard.

Some cpu's have an offset shoulder that coincides with an offset slot on the correct side. You visually match them up.

Yes, that is the cpu. I am speaking of the heatsink will only fit correctly one way but can be forced on incorrectly.

Could you give an illustration or something? What do you mean by "an offset shoulder"? Or is it possible if I gave you a screenshot, you could tell me whether I installed it correctly or incorrectly?

Sorry, I don't have one available. you visually look at the cpu bed and if it has a shoulder on one side you then match the recessed area of the heatsink to it.

Okay thanks. Turns out the motherboard is harder than I expect. I just don't know what to do! Oh well, I'll try and figure it out tomorrow.

I got the motherboard after a LOT of hassling today. Anyways, I'm looking at a tutorial and it says polarity is required for the HDD LED and the Power LED. It also says that my motherboard should indicate a "-" or "+", but apparently, my MSI board doesn't do such a thing. Does it really matter that much, or are they just pulling my leg?

Okay, well, I just installed the USB and Firewire that came with the motherboard, and the Geforce 6800GT. Damn that thing is huge. I had to remove like five different wires just to fit it. Anyways, I have a new question. My ThermalTake Tsunami comes with Front USB 2.0 and Firewire, but the problem is that instead of a bunch of wires coming into one socket thing, there are like 9 different wires, each with its own socket. Unfortunetely, no matter how many times I try, I can't get them all, let alone four, in at the same time. I'll try and post a picture of what I mean.

Okay guys, I've done a lot on my own, and I think I've got everything done except for the PSU. I've actually installed it and connected everything, but I've noticed that my GPU, the 6800GT, has two power connectors. After connecting both my DVD Writers and my HD, my PSU only had one connector left, as the other wire was dedicated to fans. Do I need two connectors, or will one be enough?

I had 5 main wires, one was the 4-pin connector thing, one was 24-pin connector, two wires with 4 normal power plus each, and one other. What I am supposed to do with the last one? I'll post a picture of it soon.

Back
Top Bottom