Reporting posts

Brookfield

Golden Master
Some advice when reporting posts
dont.gif

Just lately, I noticed that when some members reported posts, they also appear to be bargaining with him/her, in spite of the fact that they then go on to report them for spam, hacking, etc.

My advice is don't do this, just report the post, & we mods will take the approriate action if it's deemed necessary

Reporting posts is a vital part of the smooth running of CF, keep it up please, but do it the correct way.

Thanks.

ok...

Just don't post anything in a thread you plan to report.

If some one asks or offers something you know is not in line with forum policy then just pop the report post button and move on. if you post that it's been reported you have given a spammer or rule breaker a chance to edit their thread. By the time one of us gets there the evidence is gone.
So like I've said before just click click and move on. After you reported it of course.
And thanks again for being our other eyes in the forum.

technoman,
Sometimes it appears in the for sale / trade subforum that members are haggling over parts and prices and then the post gets reported. What I have seen is the haggling turns in to a argument and then gets reported.
That's a real waste of time having to come in and sort things out and make a judgement call as to who started it and what to do.
As far as I'm concerned I think that area should be just for our membership and not outside salesmen. But then that's just my 2.5 cents worth on that.

Re: ok...

setishock said:
technoman,
Sometimes it appears in the for sale / trade subforum that members are haggling over parts and prices and then the post gets reported. What I have seen is the haggling turns in to a argument and then gets reported.
That's a real waste of time having to come in and sort things out and make a judgement call as to who started it and what to do.
As far as I'm concerned I think that area should be just for our membership and not outside salesmen. But then that's just my 2.5 cents worth on that.

yeah i see what you mean, luck for me i don't use that forum :)

Re: ok...

setishock said:
Just don't post anything in a thread you plan to report.

If some one asks or offers something you know is not in line with forum policy then just pop the report post button and move on. if you post that it's been reported you have given a spammer or rule breaker a chance to edit their thread. By the time one of us gets there the evidence is gone.
So like I've said before just click click and move on. After you reported it of course.
And thanks again for being our other eyes in the forum.

If I report a thread, and then dont state that I have reported it, somebody else might come along and report it. I remember reading somewhere on this forum a long time ago, Taht a mod other than you wrote, to type "spam reported" when they report a thread. That way, The mods wont get multiple reports of the smae threqad.

Back
Top Bottom