Elite Ecs K7s5a Pro

bilmo

Solid State Member
Hi All! I'm new here and wouldn't dare consider myself to be a true computer geek. Honestly, the most I know about PCs is how to unload them out of trucks :)
ok.........here's my mobo in a used PC I bought from my brother

ELITE ECS K7S5A PRO

#Features:
# Supports AMD Athlon XP - Athlon - Duron processors
# Socket A architecture
# SiS 735 chipset
# Super I/O - ITE IT8705F
# Supports up to 1GB PC133 / PC100 DDR SDRAM or SDRAM via 2 DIMM sockets

on this last part about memory, does this mean you cannot mix memory at ALL or can you use pc133 in the 2 slots that support it, and pc2100
in the OTHER 2 slots that support the newer memory?

any feedback is much appreciated. thanks!!

Bill

<<< Win XP Pro.It would be polite to acknowledge the post if it helped you. Thx. >>>

yes, I agree. your post helped me. and seeing as how you were kind enough to answer one question for a noob.....I have another :)

seeing as how I am upgrading both my PC's into the late 20th century, I have an abundance of pc100 ram on my hands........

4 sticks of 128MB PC100 to be precise. is there such a thing as a weird dinosaur motherboard that would support a GIG of PC100 in 4 seperate slots?

thanks for any feedback.

Bill

You would be better served by posting a new post. I am sure someone here will have an answer. Rgds.

dude even if you add those memories, it won't make it that fast... its your proccessor that is important. Your processor is freaking old. I think you should buy a new computer, instead of adding rams..

nuke said:
dude even if you add those memories, it won't make it that fast... its your proccessor that is important. Your processor is freaking old. I think you should buy a new computer, instead of adding rams..

you're right. I have 2 PCs, recently aquired at bargain basement cost, meaning nada.

I'm a musician, have been doing all that is involved with 'that' for 30 plus years with the exception of knowing anything about PC's other than the ability to email someone.

anyway, you're right. I need a new box :)

I was just curious if the 4 sticks equaling a GIG of PC100 Ram had any value.

perhaps on ebay.

howdy nuke!

<<Your processor is freaking old>>

PS: yes. the mobo supports up to an athlon xp 2100 I believe which is still old.

I assume you build your own PC's. where do you like to buy parts?

just curious. thanks

Bill

This all depends on what you use the machines for. If you basically use them for email and the internet and record keeping they are OK. If you use them for gaming they are way behind and may not run the newer games very well. Not everyone needs ddr3200, an amd 64 and a gig of memory. If it does what you want it to do then why waste money on something you won't use.

I Agree!

per said:
This all depends on what you use the machines for. If you basically use them for email and the internet and record keeping they are OK. If you use them for gaming they are way behind and may not run the newer games very well. Not everyone needs ddr3200, an amd 64 and a gig of memory. If it does what you want it to do then why waste money on something you won't use. Win XP Pro.It would be polite to acknowledge the post if it helped you. Thx.

I included your sig cause I like it.

ok.........got 2 boxs at a friends house.1st box (my email box 576MB PC133) he got a reading of Duron 1.7 something from the elite mobo. when he took off the cpu fan to replace it, it turned to be an athlon, much newer than what the mobo read.

2nd box 9digital recording box, likely demos only) 256MB PC2100 shows a reading of being an athlon xp 1.15 with a bus speed of 66.

my computer geek friend said that's impossible. he's going to replace that cpu fan also and find out what the cpu really is.

you answered my first question about mixing memory. so, the boxes will be what they are. old, but functional.

I'm just curious what to do with 4 sticks of 128MB PC100. it's pretty expensive online. maybe I can peddle it on Ebay :)

And again, I agree. why spend a bunch of money needlessly? I can upgrade the music box with another 256MB of PC2100 for 20 bucks.

I'm NOW just waiting to see if Alan (my pc guru buddy) finds MORE wrong with the 2 identical elite mobos.

those things must have been popular about 5 years ago :)

Back
Top Bottom