Analyst: Sony to Lose 1 Billion on the Playstation 3

Gian...

I posted a thread about blue leds a while back. In the articule I linked to a chemical company that makes led's has a smart fellow that suceeded in making blue leds. He was at that time working on a blue laser diode for optical storage. It was a matter of time till he or someone else working on this project rang the bell. This will revolutionize the optical storage indusrty. And It's chances of survival are extreamly good.
Yeah like first year production cars it's gonna be costly and have a narrow market target like game machines. But when that technology gets a foot hold, look out...

Can you kinda reiterate that? I have almost no idea what you're talking about except for the part about how some guy started some new technology on optical storage readers?! Haha sorry, it's 12:30 am here in California and I'm getting tired.

ok...

blu-ray is blue laser diode technology. It can be focused into a much tighter beam than a standard laser used for optical storage. And by using some chemical changes to the substrata in the dvd disc's themselves it's storage cap is going to very very high.

EDIT: check this link out for full details from the Blu Ray folks...

http://www.blu-ray.com/info/

Blu-ray has been out in japan for ages now...I saw a recordered going on ebay some time ago now....

Giancarlo said:
Hokey refers to the cost. It also refers to the fact it is in its infancy stage. Often technologies don't succeed.. in a different industry, take the laserdisc standard that was beaten by VHS. Good on paper, but did not produce market results.

I have a laser disk player. the laser disks are huge,lol.

That's primarily why the technology never really caught on and typically ended up in classrooms (it was of better quality then VHS, but didn't succeed).

Yea I will buy a PS3 for sure. But not right after it comes out. Prob will get it for a brithday or christmas.

Didn't you hear what Bill Gates said about this. He has the planned out he wants to do some damage to Sony. I believe it was in a Newsweek article. Anyway, he is releasing the 360 in time for the Holiday season. Then right about when the PS3 comes out MS is going to release Halo 3. Keeping Xbox gamers minds off of the PS3 and onto the new Halo. Microsoft got beat before, you can be willing to bet they aren't going to let that happen again. Anyway look at the success of the Xbox and it was their first console. Not to bad in such a competitive market.

I'm with Wombat. I don't do the consoles.

Back
Top Bottom