Analyst: Sony to Lose 1 Billion on the Playstation 3

This is just bad business plans.. what the hell are they thinking? think outside the box? I'm sorry but filling for chapter 11 bankruptcy is not thinking outside the box. Sony has been issuing profit warnings. Believe me big companies are not invincible to bankruptcy (lets not talk about the airline business).

Blu ray? That sounds like hokey technology to me. Need to see some specifications as DVD technology is here to stay.

alvino said:
Not if Microsoft makes price cuts at the right time. If the Xbox 360 gets cheaper when the PS3 launches, Sony will lose even more money.

You think it's going to drop in price that early, lol. they will probably be just catching up on orders from november by then. I give it they will have bundles by then that includes games. i give it 10-12 months before prices drop.

i think darkblade is right about the blu-ray disk. also they are making tones of money off the PSP. i find it so cool they have movies for it and movie companies are releasing Movies on PSP disks.

Giancarlo said:
Blu ray? That sounds like hokey technology to me. Need to see some specifications as DVD technology is here to stay.

BluRay isn't hokey technology. It's a very capable form of optical storage. It can hold up to 25gb on a single-layer disk and up to 50gb on a dual-layer disk. They only problem with BluRay, is the cost.

Dishdog said:
You think it's going to drop in price that early, lol. they will probably be just catching up on orders from november by then. I give it they will have bundles by then that includes games. i give it 10-12 months before prices drop.

Uhhh...it will be almost a year when the PS3 comes out...

alvino said:
BluRay isn't hokey technology. It's a very capable form of optical storage. It can hold up to 25gb on a single-layer disk and up to 50gb on a dual-layer disk. They only problem with BluRay, is the cost.

Hokey refers to the cost. It also refers to the fact it is in its infancy stage. Often technologies don't succeed.. in a different industry, take the laserdisc standard that was beaten by VHS. Good on paper, but did not produce market results.

Well I will not be in the market for any console stuff. Although the Bluray storage would be nice...

Giancarlo said:
Hokey refers to the cost. It also refers to the fact it is in its infancy stage. Often technologies don't succeed.. in a different industry, take the laserdisc standard that was beaten by VHS. Good on paper, but did not produce market results.

Ahhh...

Hokey = Cost

Gotcha! :D Keep in mind, I haven't taken the SAT yet, since I'm only a Sophmore.

Well not only cost, but also the fact that not all technology succeeds when it is debuted.

Hah, I'm also a sophomore.. but in university. Six more units till I'm a junior.

Back
Top Bottom