Xbox 360 or a New PC

MarxSoccer said:
Alot of people look at it, from the gaming stand point. Keyboard and mouse compared to a controller, I'd have to lean towards a controller.

the only time when a keyboard and mouse are better than a controller are for FPS and games like starcraft and warcraft.

PC any day. The XBOX 360 and PS3 are cool and VERY powerful, but a PC can browse the internet and do MORE. PC graphics are not behind anymore, not with the 7800GTX, which is almost identical to the mighty PS3s RSX chip. Amazing games need to be made, not more technology.

But if you are into JUST playing a game, you have no need to browse the internet. Alot of people like PC better, because it's easier to hack. Hey, I like a challenge. Oh, and Warcraft and such are more laid back games, i'm thinking more of CS type games? Wait, Warcraft doesnt use the keyboard at all, besides chatting, Lawl.

boz4life said:
get a ps3 not xbox ps3 is alot more powerful and better dont waste more money on microsoft

*Sigh* Another poor soul who reads the specs by the paper, not by how the console actually work...how tragic...

boz4life said:
they never were designed for compactibility

Well the point of a console is to put it inside your home, so compactability isn't that big of a thing to cry about.

Unless you mod your's to this extent :eek:

small_2.jpg

Strongly avoid getting the XBOX 360. Let me explain why? Lack of expandibility. It doesn't take a powerful computer to defeat it. You just have so much more promise in a computer, so much more future... I really don't think consoles hold any advantage over computers, besides in compactness.. and if you want to have something to play with a friend.. that's why I finally got my SNES back from my parents (I love that old system).

MarxSoccer said:
This is more of a question you should ask yourself, we don't know your personal life, or what you would rather do in spare time. And plus, PS3 will OWN the XBox360 with Blue-ray :p

http://www.g2-graphics.com/boner/PS3vsX360.html

*Sigh* Do I have to do this again?! Look more into how each console works, not the fricking speed! The RSX's extra 50mhz doens't do it crap. The Xenos chip is more flexible because it uses the Unified Shader Architecture. The RSX uses the traditional independent pixel and shader pipelines, while the Xenos chip's USA :)p) architecture allows developers to allocate where and when each pipeline needs to be what. Simply put, not a single pipeline will be wasted. The Xenos chip shares the system's 512mb of GDDR3 RAM connecting to it at 22.4GB/sec of memory bandwidth. While this may seem a bit slow, since most PC's connect at about 37GB/sec, ATI decided to use a unique 10mb of embedded DRAM which connects at an insane 256GB/sec. Since this chunk of memory is so freaking fast, it will act as a buffer, reducing the need for faster memory (unlike the PS3). Another unique and unconventional feature is the integration of the GPU with the system's memory controller. When the 360 encounters graphically intense situations, it can directly read from the CPU's L2 cache, another insanely fast chunk of memory built into the CPU.

Please don't fall into Sony's tactic of impressing everyone with crap on paper, while covering up for things like the lack of a competitor for Xbox Live.

PS3 won't own the Xbox 360, not if Mr. Gates integrates the use of HD-DVD's which would allow for a temporary barricade against BluRay. BluRay won't be the standard format anytime soon, because of it's price and the fact that people aren't going to waste money on converting and buying BluRay disks, when DVDs are already perfectly fine for normal uses.

Like, DarkBlade said, it would go down to what games the consoles have. This time, the Xbox 360 is prepared. Over 40 launch titles are to be expected (not confirmed, but I remember reading it somewhere).

Giancarlo said:
Strongly avoid getting the XBOX 360. Let me explain why? Lack of expandibility. It doesn't take a powerful computer to defeat it. You just have so much more promise in a computer, so much more future... I really don't think consoles hold any advantage over computers, besides in compactness.. and if you want to have something to play with a friend.. that's why I finally got my SNES back from my parents (I love that old system).

I wouldn't avoid getting the 360, but I wouldn't dare say it was better than any computer (atleast for the time being :p). Consoles are purely for gaming, and PC's are purely for multimedia. Even if consoles (not only the 360) lack expandability, Microsoft is changing that by allowing for more customization to what your personality is like. Although that is already in computers, it is completely new to the console arena, and I give Micorsoft lots of credit for exploiting that area in consoles.

No, PCs are very much for gaming also (and many other fields). And I can't say that it is better then any computer (again paper doesn't show reality). Customization is limited, and I would avoid getting the Console over a PC. I do suggest buying a PC if the choice is there. If you have the money, great. Get an XBOX 360. If you have one choice, and that's a new PC or XBOX 360.. get the PC (PCs are more powerful then consoles at this point). You also give microsoft too much credit.

Giancarlo said:
No, PCs are very much for gaming also (and many other fields). And I can't say that it is better then any computer (again paper doesn't show reality). Customization is limited, and I would avoid getting the Console over a PC. I do suggest buying a PC if the choice is there. If you have the money, great. Get an XBOX 360. If you have one choice, and that's a new PC or XBOX 360.. get the PC (PCs are more powerful then consoles at this point). You also give microsoft too much credit.

Well since I already have computer (a nice one too), I'll start saving up for a Xbox 360. Of course, if you're not in a situation like me, go with a PC. Building a PC is way better than anything. Especially the pride when you finish your first build :D

Back
Top Bottom