Which card would you get?

Bahawolf1

Fully Optimized
A BFG Tech 6800GT
or..
A POWERCOLER x850xt pe

I don't want this to be an ATI or nVidia poll, but rather which card is more powerful?

6800GT Clock Speeds:
Core Clock: 370MHz
Memory Clock: 1000MHz

POWERCOLOR x850xt pe Clock Speeds:
Core Clock: 540MHz
Memory Clock: 1180MHz

Yeah, i have a pcworld mag, and they come out with ati's x850 on top, when compared to a 6800 gt. So yeah, get the x850. i have an x800 and it's sweet!

Wait.. do you have an SLi board??? I mean, seriously.. if you do, get two 6800GTs..

Or, go all out and get the BEAUTIFUL 7800GTX, which puts the x850XT PE to shame and is ready for SLi as well.. :D

REVIEW FROM PERSON ON NEWEGG: READ AND WEAP ATI FANS!
Noticable difference!

I upgraded from an ATI X850XT to this card and I definitely see a difference when playing games (especially BF2). To give you an idea of the performance jump...

3DMark05 X850XT = 6100+
3DMark05 7800GTX = 7900+

Those were taken running completely stock. Incredible for a single card solution. As usual, Newegg delivered the goods licky-split! Newegg fr life!!

Now, here is a link to this BADASS CARD!
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814150100

Nahh, I don't have an SLI Board.. :(
I might upgrade to the 7800GTX card eventually.. but for now its just a choice between these two..
I think I'll stick with the 6800GT though.

Bahawolf said:
Nahh, I don't have an SLI Board.. :(
I might upgrade to the 7800GTX card eventually.. but for now its just a choice between these two..
I think I'll stick with the 6800GT though.

You don't have to run the 7800GTX in SLi you know right? It can run stand alone perfectly, and slaughters those other two, but between the two, the 6800GT is actually the better choice being cheaper and since you can flash a new BIOS over to it making it an Ultra, it is well worth it.

Don't bother with the 850xt pe.. it has been dethroned. And I don't recommend SLI. Far too expensive and not worth the marginal gains. I think one 7800 GTX is sweet enough, if you can afford it. It is far out of my reach unfortunately.

The 7800GTX is great stand alone.

Back
Top Bottom