Where can i find Books for Learning?

Duzz

In Runtime
I would like to know books that I could buy get or some how get my Greesey paws on something that will teach me a whole bunch on the inner workings of a computer. I would like to Learn What all the terms are and where to look for certain things, the correct names for hardware peices. Something like get down and dirty? Anyone know a good book on that stuff. Realy would help I dont want internet sites to look for the stuff, i want Good Books. So ill always have the reference and put my two sense into everything? and can read. Anyone. Seti can you help me? Im callin you out :) thanks.

The Duzz Man.

Get some college textbooks on computer engineering and maintanence. This is what I am using right now, and it how I am learning all the interesting technical knowledge I throw around about Hardware. I am going to start to learn HTML, JAVA, Flash, C+, Aerial, .NET, ASP, and PHP, as well as FLASH and DREAMWEAVER in the VERY NEAR FUTURE so I can expand my knowledge into software as well. Working on my XP certification right now. I have the A+ certs and part 1 of Fabrication of Transistor Silicon down pat though. It takes time and a lot of reading.

Here is an interesting tid bit out of my book from Chip Fabs that I learned that might interest you guys!

Underlying the silicon wafer of Intel and AMD chips is a central transistor pathway that allows the charge to flow freely from one wafer to the next without interupts, but this data must be cached in the L2 cache ASAP or the risk of MASSIVE CORRUPTION comes into play. As the binary flow rate is measured in FLOPS, the interlaced wafer design of today's microprocessors allows for TERAFLOP levels to be achieved in SUPERSCALAR chips, let alone Hyperscalar designs currently underway with 8 way dual core chips such as AMDs Egypt Opteron, the most advanced server chip ever designed sucessfully.

Wow Dark dude, im going to google search some college books which ones did you use to start off with?

In my opinion, best book ever.
"The Secret Guide To Computers", Russ Walter.

Borders or B&N don't carry this book, and will cannot order it, I've talked with them. Russ Walter does own an angelfire site, with ways to purchase the book, I highly recommend it if you even want to learn how to turn your computer on.

http://www.angelfire.com/nh/secret/

Duzz knows the basics of computing I am pretty sure, at least from what we have talked about in the past. I think he want to go beyond the basics.. am I right Duzz man?

I never said this computer was just the basics, I mean it's only over a thousand pages. Go to the link, I think you can look at a couple chapters of it online:p

Back
Top Bottom