Double Dose of USB 2 TV Tuner problems

prokop

Beta member
I bought Compro Videomate Action TV Tuner for the purpose of playing PS2 games while away from home, but I've ran into two problems, both of which may be solvable without knowing anything about my specific brand.

1) The Nippon-Ichi made games (Disgaea and Phantom Brave) do not display at all because of the low resolution mode present in their games. Are there any general USB based TV Tuner software that may be able to overcome Compro's failing?

2) The sound can be bad at times; I've used a converter to change the PS2's audio into a headphone style jack for the TV Tuner, but is there any way to plug it into my microphone jack (audio in) and listen to that through my computer's internal speakers (I have a laptop)?

Thanks for your help.

Nope!!!

Need cpu type and speed. Need ram type and speed. Better yet why not the make and model of your laptop.

Dell Inspiron 6000

1 Gig of RAM
1.5 GHz P4 mobile thingy
Radeon X300

I don't think it is of any relevance to my problems, though.

For the sound thing, all I need is a way to stream the audio-in to my regular sound output.

Ok...

Here's what I found.
1> They recomend getting the latest drivers from their site.
2> Use the audio and video out from the game box to the tv tuner. Better pic and sound quailty.
3> Get the latest usb drivers for your laptop. Helps speed things up.

Now that is much like my Happuage usb tv tuner. Except you got a better price than I did. lol But any way the video from the game box will go to the adaptor that plugs into the tv box. That adapts the composit out from the game box to the tuner. The sound will go to the LINE IN jack on your lappy.
I hope that helps. My turner no matter what I did just won't work on my lappy.

Thanks for the help; I'll try getting the new USB drivers. I already have Compro's new drivers, and the sound goes from the box to the laptop through the USB line. I'm hoping the sound would be better if I could just use my laptop's audio in and remove a step.

I fixed the sound problems, but I'm still having problems with the NIS games. Anyone have any ideas about what could be causing the problem?

Back
Top Bottom