Problem with new rig!!!

Okay, I tried the adaptor. It worked fine, but nothing was showing up on the moniter, so I turned off the computer and went in to check the monitor connection and the GPU coinnection. Then I went to try it again, and everything worked fine for a while. The motherboard loading screen came up, and as per on screen instructions I hit delete to run the BIOS setup. I saw it loading saying it detected my HD and Ram, and then the menu came up. After about a second or two, it shut itself off. What now?

your psu is not good enough to run that stuff dude. it may be cooling too. i just suggest you get a better psu.

dude that's the same thing happened to my stupid e-machine. I didn't have a good power supply and after two weeks the motherboard fried, and the problem was the power supply.

Yeah man with that 7800GTX card you need a really good power supply. Not just anything in 500W or more but something well built and I don't think the one that came with your case is good enough. That's a kickass computer btw.

A 500W power supply is not enough? Seriously? What should I get? Or is it just a crappy PSU and 500W is enough?

I think 500W is enough its just that the ones that come stock with cases can be somewhat under powered with the way its built. Im sure someone can explain it better, not me though lol.

Back
Top Bottom