Ram compatability

computer_noob89

Solid State Member
Hey, I currently have 512mb of PC2700 DDR-SDRAM in my computer. I have one more slot. I want to upgrade to 1 gig, so I want to buy another stick of 512. However, I don't know what brand of ram I currently have. So my question is that as long as I get another stick of PC2700 DDR-SDRAM will it be compatable with my current ram and work fine? Or does it have to be the exact same brand? Any help is appreciated.

I have one 512mb stick of Samsung PC2700 DDR-SDRAM and one 512mb stick of Rosewill PC2700 DDR-SDRAM, they work fine together, no complications or compatibility issues. I just unplugged my computer, snd stuck in my new stick of rosewill alongside my samsung stick, turned it back on, and it recognized it instantly and works fine. Cut my load times in half.

computer_noob89 said:
Hey, I currently have 512mb of PC2700 DDR-SDRAM in my computer. I have one more slot. I want to upgrade to 1 gig, so I want to buy another stick of 512. However, I don't know what brand of ram I currently have. So my question is that as long as I get another stick of PC2700 DDR-SDRAM will it be compatable with my current ram and work fine? Or does it have to be the exact same brand? Any help is appreciated.

Yeah that is one of the reasons I am upgrading to help load times and performance on Battlefield 2.

and if your motherboard has dual channeling and you get the exact same you're on the road to happiness my friend.

if you wanna find out what ram you have then i think if you download everest it will tell you

download it then press on motherboard then SPD, it should tell you

www.lavalys.com

i herd that you should use the same type/brand of ram becuase there can be issues that will slow down one of the rams if its faster than the other, is this true?

Hi Guy,

The brand of the RAM is not at all important.As u said check only whether it is PC2700... Even I have one ram of 64 of that of DELL and another one of some other brand.But check that both the ram RAM dont mismatch eachother

i wish i had done it right. I have 2 128 sticks and one 256..it's a pain. I think i'm gonna sell all of those or give them away. Then just get 2 512's

Back
Top Bottom