Media centre

matt_999

BSOD
hi, i am considering building a media centre, could someone tell me everything that i will need please? is it the same as a normal computer, but with a tv tuner, and windows media centre and infra red? or is it more complex? any help would be great!

regards
matt

and a dvd burner. basically a computer geared for audio editing and video editing and burning. So you'll need a good vid card. Probably 3.0 ghz or above. 1 gig ram. and the like. So cheers.

rdcmmnst said:
and a dvd burner. basically a computer geared for audio editing and video editing and burning. So you'll need a good vid card. Probably 3.0 ghz or above. 1 gig ram. and the like. So cheers.

This is mostly correct. You will want a CAPTURE CARD for capturing and editting TV and using it like TIVO, and you will want a good soundcard and a VERY GOOD Processor. What is your budget for this little home entertainment beast?

ive thought about the following spec, just basic at the moment:

Intel pentium 4 - 3.0ghz
ASrock 478 motherboard
1gb Kingston RAM
ATI X600Pro/PCI-Express 256MB with TV-Out and DVI
Sound card (any suggestions)
Sexy case (he he)
DVD-RW
DVD-ROM
Wireless mouse+keyboard
High quality speakers
200gb maxtor hard drive
firewire expansion port

basically what i want to do with it is, watch tv, dvds, connect my plastation 2 it, and play that, listen to music, i dont want to do any music/video editing. i just want my room to look good, and for my tv to be controlled by a computer, instead of just having a tv.

so i just wona watch tv, play with my playstation, watch dvds, play music, record tv onto dvd, if possible!

regards
matt

Well, as of right now... I can set you up a media center PC for around 1,300-1,500 for a GOOD model. Or I can supply you with a parts list and you can try to build it yourself. Up to you. But.... if you have a large budget, I would go with a dual core AMD AthlonX2 for this badass PC... it will make things a lot more fun.

So your budget is???

were ur prices in GBP or USD darkblade? i build computers, i was just a bit unsure about a media centre! could you please write me a list of everything that i will need please!

regards
matt

Back
Top Bottom