Everything Explorer Related is Closing

karling07

Daemon Poster
Alright, this is a really strange problem. I'm running Windows XP and now every time I click an explorer related application (ex. internet explorer, my computer, recycling bin, documents, etc etc), it will open for a brief moment and then everything except the desktop will suddenly disappear (including the start menu & icons; so ALL that's left is my wallpaper image), then it will refresh and the icons/start menu will reload.

This makes it so I cannot access any explorer related applications which is really a problem. I don't care about IE, but things like my computer and documents are essential for me...

Thanks!

well...have you ran anti-spyware and anti-virus software? try running windows in safe mode and doing this, now, im no computer genius, but i do like to think i know alot :D hope this helps

If you dont have antivirus/anti spyware try downloading Avg for virus scanning and Ad-aware SE for spyware problems there both free and they work great

do you think he can dl them if he can't get internet explorer running? lol...i suggest if you don't allready have anti-virus to buy norton from your local store

well he could dl them at a friends house then burn the programs installers to a disk and he must be able to get axcess to the internet kuz hes on the forums is he not?

BlindBusDriver is right, also imo AVG is a GREAT anitvirus tool much better then......Norton. Aslo for a firewall i would suggest ZoneAlarm. ;)

yeah...i didn't think of that...about him being on the forums...i thought he was magic :D....is it really better than norton?

yea from what iv seen i have nortan and avg on my comp... avg gets free automatic dls on startup scansmore indept... also did i tell you that its completely FREE. Iv also had it detect things that nortan missed and nortan scans damn slow on my computer compaired to Avg

Back
Top Bottom