Windows64 Vs. Xp

BlindBusDriver

Baseband Member
My friend is thinking of switching one of his computers to windows64 and i ask why? Question is... is there any really good reason to use the Windows64 bit os rather than just plain xp for gaming rather than more FSB?

Windows 64 is still very new and VERY buggy but it will let the AMD 64 bit cpu run alot faster :)

yea i know its in its beta stages but i didnt think that it makes that much of a difference even on a AMD 64Cpu. i mean is it that much more that it would be worth using a buggy os that doesnt run all the 32bit Os programs?

well...

The 64bit operating system would take full advantage of the 64bit cpu chip. The front side buss speed isn't controlled by the operating system by the way. It's governed by the cpu chip itself.

is it going to be such an improvement for a gaming computer to make it worth it to get it? And how buggy is it still do you know?

From what iv heard it is almost not worth getting because it is so buggy still, they should work out all the bugs pretty soon though i would think. :)

i didnt think it was worth it thats what i tryed to tell my friend, but he wants to "let his AMD be all it can be" lol

Back
Top Bottom