Possible Heating problem

BlindBusDriver

Baseband Member
My compuer now runs at 35C/95F and i was thinking of putting the fx5700 256mb into my computer. I read that the fx5700 has some heating problems so question is... does anyone know if this card will make my pc to hot so that i should put another fan in or do you think that it would be fine? Also what is the adverage temp. for a pc and what is a dangerous temp?

Athlon XP can run up to 85C
Atlhon Thunderbird can run up to 90C

It depends on the processor and on the measuring method... For AMD, generally you get a 10% margin for securit and is not good to reach temperatures above 77 to 80C, not sure what processor you have. :)

You would want to stay under 65C then with a intel based cpu.

*EDIT* If your really worried about it get a extra case fan or two.

yea ill check it after installing the card later today. should i benchmark it to see if it has any heating problems(one of my friends has his own benchmarking stations)

Stick with 60c on all processors. Wouldnt worrie to much about cooling untill you have put it in everything is trial and Error your not going to blow anything up if you just do it. it will just turn off. :) Should anyways.

Nah, the FX5700 really doesn't run that hot... I mean, if you OC it does, but on my old PC, I had a 5700LE and I OCed it to 490/540 and it only reached 57C full load, so I do not think you will have problems at all. If you are worried, put in a 120mm case fan to blast some nice cool air on it.

yea im not really worried about it taht much but i do have more room for a 120mm mite go out and get one just to be safe there only like $10-American

Back
Top Bottom