question about RAM

Fillerup

Solid State Member
Hello all! if you remember me, i purchased that dell system, thanks for all the info! anyways, it came with 512 MB of RAM. However, if I wanted to upgrade that, can I just go on ebay.com or something, buy 512 MB of RAM, open up my computer, stick the long skinny thing from ebay into my computer, and boom, it goes faster? and i got over 1 GB of RAM now? any info and help would be great, and general price ranges or better sites to purchase. THANKS!

Dell, what model and you need to know what type of ram you are dealing with. Once you know your speed and type of ram you will be alright, Search for CPUID and it will tell you your ram speed type and what not, you may have a conflict of interest of ram types so try and find the manufacturs name and type and you should be golden. But post some more information next time, not all people that read this forum are going to know your old post for one i dont. Thanks.

newegg.com is good if you live in the USA, and tigerdirect.ca is good for Canada. What is the speed of RAM you have now? it is as simple as you say to install RAM, but shoping is a slight bit harder.

i have 512 MB ram right now, dell dimension 4700. i just bought it and received it. but in the future im asking about. does the RAM i buy HAVE TO BE Dell, and what other requirements are there?

And if you don't know exactly what kind of ram it has in it, and you cannot tell by the markings on it, i would suggest downloading a program called EVEREST home edition, it will test the memory and tell you what kind it is and what kind your motherboard will take.

Dell doesn't make RAM. download a program like everest or CPU-Z to find out the speed of your RAM.

yeah once you download that...(which tells you everything about your system) you can tell us and we'll tell you and everyone's happy. lol

Back
Top Bottom