Fan layout/location

yellowsnowman

Daemon Poster
I've recently (last week) built a computer (hurrah!), but I was wondering how to keep everything inside of it cooler. I have 2 side fans (came attached to the case) that are both sucking in air. Those are the only fans I have besides the psu (dual fan). I was thinking of buying more, but where can I put them, and should i have them suck in or blow out? In the back there is room for 2 80mm's. In the front there is room for 4 80mm's i believe.

The link for the picture of the case is here:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811156018

# of possible fans:
4 in front
2 on side (taken) (sucking in air)
2 in back

How many more 80mm fans should I get? And where should I put them, and should I make them suck in or blow out?

toy should be able to flip the ones on the sides. my rule for fans is have a equal amount of air comoing air as going out.

I would have the two fans on the side, pulling air in, then have two on teh back, blowing air out, that way, you'll have a constant current of cool air moving through your system.

one infront is needed for keeping HDD and other things in the front cool. i would put one in back sucking out, one infront sucking in, and sides sucking in, the PSU will suck the hot air out of the top of your case but if possible put a fan at the top sucking out.

Now, if each fan is a three pin, your mother board won't support all those fans, there won't be wnough jacks on the motherboard. i would suggest gettin a fan controller, it'll give you all the plugs you need.

Back
Top Bottom