Cell Processor goes beyond the Playstation 3

alvino

Golden Master
Mercury Computer Systems announced today that it will partner with IBM to integrate the Cell microprocessor technology to build new breakthrough computer systems for data-intensive applications. The company is the first outside of the gaming industry to use Cell microprocessor technology design services from IBM.

http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/8607/Cell-Processor-Goes-Beyond-the-PlayStation-3/

You can forget about the Athlon X2 or the Pentium D. I'm glad they're realizing the Cell's potential in other areas. Gaming isn't really it's forte.

Well, the Cell is POWERFUL.... Apple is dumb for switching to Intel instead of using the Cell in their higher end systems.. DUMB x86 users now is all they are.. The Cell makes my CPU look like a Intel 386.... LMAO!!!

Nice find Alvino BTW! hey, we need to chat on MSN... I think you have me blocked for some weird reason..... I am your friend VINO MEISTER!! Its me, AMD ZEN.

That's because the demos at E3 were pre-rendered, not rendered in real-time like the Xbox 360.

Reports say that when both consoles were running with their Alpha Development Kits, the 360 was pushing out about 20-30% of it's effort, while the PS3 was pushing out about 60-70%. While these aren't confirmed, it just gives you a heads up about the 360's power and potential in the next-gen market. Microsoft has made it a proven competitor against Sony and their Playstation, although Ken Kutaragi a.k.a the Pompous Ass, attacks it with cheap remarks, while Microsoft attacks the PS3 with true honest to god hardware comparisons, not jibber jabber

About Nintendo, no one knows about Nintendo! They're the underdog, and I frankly could careless if they went bankrupt. Them and their fanatical ideas are going to make the Revolution gain just as much popularity as the Gamecube (which isn't that much). Although I would give kudos to the Revolution's size. :)

you don't find it at least a bit cool that you can download the games your grew up with.

Ahhh...yeah that's a pretty dandy feature; to be able to download all the old-school classics...:D

Back
Top Bottom