This Sucks...Please Help

b182tm

In Runtime
Hey everyone...
The first time I built a computer, my PSU blew up. I got the new one, and now my dad won't let me start it up without someone who knows what they're doing around. So I just want to know what I can do differently this time to make sure the same thing won't happen again. Does anyone have any idea why it might have happened the first time? Everything was plugged in correctly, no metal was touching the motherboard. The only thing that could have been bad was I had a 20 pin PSU, and a 24 pin MOBO. I didn't bother with an adapter, because I read in several places that it wasn't necessary. Would that make the PSU blow up though (Spark and then smoke)? Also, what else could be damaged, and what are the chances?

Thanks a lot everyone,
Derek

yes that could have happened depending on your Pin configuration.. Make sure they are correct with the MB..

Could the PSU blew anything else.. We had that discussion before..

I feel "if" it did take anything else it will take the Motherboard.. Nothing else..

So, I'm rather happy right now...My comp. is up and running. It is currently formatting the hdd. Thanks a ton everyone, I'm so glad it's working.
Derek

Good deal..

it's real nice when a user comes back with good results and lets us know we have helped...

yeah no kidding there's a million threads out there that we have helped but noone let's us know if it worked.

Back
Top Bottom