1st computer build help

friday1

Solid State Member
I have finally built my first computer but I ran into a few problems. I have connected everything together but I'm not sure if some of its right. My computer starts but when its booting up I get this message "FastTrack cannot locate hard drive (I have a P4P800-E Deluxe mobo)" or something similar to that. I dont really know if its the hard drive though because when I changed a few settings it said "BIOS NOT DETECTED" even though I could enter the bios by pressing delete. Whats going on????

i know this sounds a bit obvious but are all ide cables in correct that is if you have used ide cables

how about loading an operating system on it by putting the cd drive as your first boot option in BIOS and putting your OS cd (Windows XP perhaps?) in? As r53s said ... your hard drive isnt formatted ... meaning you dont got an operating system on it yet. :)

No, my hard drive isnt new, I pulled it from a working system and it already has Windows XP on it and lots of other software on it. My cords are all connected I think, the blue side is connected to the blue socket and the very end of the cord thing is connected to the hard drive. Now I'm kind of thinking its the BIOS because I set everything to default and instead of telling me FastTrack cant locate the hard drive its telling me that the BIOS isnt installed...?

What brand hard drive is it?
Go on the computer you are on now and visit the brand's website, and download the latest HDD's drivers.

I had the same problem, my HDD was not being recognized then I searched google and found a website with the latest drivers.

Back
Top Bottom