DVD Skipping

karling07

Daemon Poster
I have made an ISO file from ulead movie factory 4 and the ISO itself is fine. However, when I burn it to a disc (using Nero, DVD Shrink+Nero, or Ulead) I am getting a DVD that skips frequently on certain movies and often just freezes completely. One of my other images that used to have problems works a little bit better when burner through Nero (vs uLead), but still like 1/4 of the DVDs are bad.

What is wrong!? Here are the two pieces of hardware I'm using for my DVD (the DVD burner does not have any firmware...)

the burner:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16827151208R

the DVDs:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=17-132-805&depa=0

I have Windows XP, 512 MB RAM, 160 GB HD, P4 2.4GHZ processor... I don't think the computer itself is the problem here.

I have been told that perhaps my DVD player is incompatible but I don't see how this could be true since some of the DVDs I burn actually work... And it seems unlikely that the DVD player would only occassionally play a working DVD correctly.

I would REALLY appreciate some help here... Maybe the DVDs are bad/incompatible? I have no idea! I feel like I've tried everything!

Thanks so much!

It might be when your burning your computer is making errors on the disk. try burning at a lower speed and don't do anything on your computer when it's burning.

I tried burning at 2.4x (my lowest) with both Nero and uLead, while doing nothing on the PC. Still the errors. And the interesting thing is that there are certain movies on the DVD that always seem to be creating the trouble.... Like it will always skip in one certain place and it will always completely not work for certain movies... It's just with each burn, the places of the problem are moved around just a bit but its always in the same general area..

did you pay for these programs. i used t have a download burner program and it did this with music CD's. as soon as i bought a copy the problem went away. also are these downloaded movies?

Yes, I have paid for all of these programs. These DVDs are custom made movies that I made in Ulead Movie Factory 4 Dis Creator. They each have a menu that I made and about 8 different movies (that can be selected via the menu). I know that the ISO itself can't be the problem because when DVDShrink runs, it goes through the whole ISO with a preview and experiences no problems...

They were originally all .wmv files which ULEAD converted to mpg. I watched all of the movies and none of them had any skips or problems. Once the ISO was made, I also watched that. Still no problems. So it seems to me that it must be a problem beyond the .ISO compilation that was created with Movie Factory...

Back
Top Bottom