older computers

pifan

Baseband Member
hello everyone
does anyone know of a forum that specializes in older pentium computers everyone thinks i am nuts but i like taking older computers and making them work again I have them given to me or i buy them at garage sales ive even picked them along side of the road on trash day i now have 8 working computers in my basement my wife hates my new hobby yesterday i bought an apple 11gs for 5 dollars but i dont know a thing about it except that it has primt shop on 5 1/4 'floppies and it does work what can i do on it games ? if anyone has any ideas or other forums to try let me know
also i read this forum almost every day i wish i knew a 1000th of what you know about computers but im learning

well I have a Pentium III 500 mhz, if thats old enough for you.

I know my way aroudn it if you have any questions.

What can you do with them concerning games?

Maybe, magically mush them all together, and you could maybe play pacman, or something.

It's fun to get old things to work. it's a lot more of a challenge then getting a new computer to work. You can post in here about ANY computer problems, new or old. A lot of people that are here have bin around when those were top of the line computers.

You should talk to setishock. he has a bunch of old computers.

r535 hello what is a tualatin ?

does anyone know how to tell what kind of processor is in an old comp without taking the heat sink off it is glued on it has win 95 on it. a 5.00$ garage special i bought today.it is not a pentium i think it is too old a whopping 500mb hard drive .

It could be a 486DX or something along that lines... maybe 486DX4/100MHz.. that came before the first Pentiums..

Back
Top Bottom