making my computer faster?

it works much better... it is fast relatively speaking but i want it to be a click click click type of thing i guess

maanico1 said:
it works much better... it is fast relatively speaking but i want it to be a click click click type of thing i guess

Well, and AMD64 can achieve that in a 64bit environment, so that is what I would save up for and just replace your processor and motherboard when Windows Longhorn comes out in 64bit derivation. That will enable enormous speeds and click click click possibilties. Also, upgrading to 1Gb of RAM would help. And getting a SCSI HDD or SATAII approved HDD with the nVidia SATAII chipset (nforce4 ultra)

DarkBlade said:
LMAO, I need to clear up this myth. There is NO SUCH THING as DUAL CHANNEL RAM. Period.. Not saying anything against you Snow, you know I love you! :D Actually, dual channel can work for any DDR ram, but it is all in the motherboard pathways, has nothing to do with the RAM. So if he was to order some of that OVERPRICED dual channel crap, he would be wasting his money.

To really speed up the PC, you need to get high speed, LOW CAS and ROW RECHARGE/BURST Latency RAM (those are the timings read like this. ex. 2-2-2-5, 2.5-4-4-6, etc etc) It needs to be at least 400MHz, DDR400 PC3200 or better. I recommend Crucial or OCZ as a choice company, as they are unrivalled because of their mircon based structure and OCing abilities and stability.

There is too dual channel on RAM!! It is the ability to have have dual chanel, for faster access times, that is why 512mbx2 is looked upon better than 1gbx1

Steven12 said:
Ok, some tips to make your computer faster:

1. Overclock in the bios, use the fsb and rise it as high as you can

2. Uninstall duff programs

3. put a plain desktop.

Hope this helps

No i am not kage i am just here to help people and have a little bit of fun.

yellowsnowman said:
There is too dual channel on RAM!! It is the ability to have have dual chanel, for faster access times, that is why 512mbx2 is looked upon better than 1gbx1

No, there really isn't. It is like the memory duo sticks that say APPROVED FOR PSP, even though ALL OF THEM WORK. Dual channel is MOTHERBOARD BASED alone. The silicon wafer structure patterns on the "single channel" and "dual channel" RAMs is EXACTLY the same, Ax45, Ax49, Ax65, Ax69.

They all can output the same amount of info, but needless to say, if you have two sticks (2x512MB) of DDR PC3200 and put them in the proper slots of a DUAL CHANNEL DIMM ENABLED BOARD, you get dual channel. If you put them in the single channel slots (1 and 3 or 2 and 4 on my mobo) then it runs single channel.

Back
Top Bottom