I am sick and tired of these half A**ed games.

BobbyDRZA

Baseband Member
I am really getting tired of going to forums and seeing people have almost an infinite amount of problems with there PC games and which alot I see are not because of peoples hardware but the programming of the game itself, bugs all over a game, in these days you really can't go to the local electronic store to buy a game and not feel a little nervous about how it will run, it happens to me all the time, I buy a PC game and keep thinking to myself "will I be able to install and run this game without and problems" I already know that I have more than the recommended spec requirements but will the game run big and glitch free? I'm tired of these developers making games and rushing them out to make a quick buck, why don't they do it right the first so that they would need to spend less time on creating patches to solve the problems, we are putting our hard earned money into these games and what we want in return is a game that is we can trust to run bug and glitch free, not having to go all over the internet to find patches and online knowledge base answers to solve these problems. This is why many people stick to console gamming, it is more limited than PC gamming but at least you can be assured that the game won't crash on you or running terribly slow based on the games bad code script.

part of the problem is not the developers fault.

In consoles and stuff, theres one type of system, one set of specs. However for pc's, their are 1000's of different possible setups, and it's impossible to determine and test how each setup will react to the game. Take Battlefield 2 for example, I know friends who play the game with the minimum system requirements perfectly. %99.9 of people it runs fine for. However people with different setups have lots of pbroblems because the creators simply could not deterimine how the game woudl react.

Its not logical for developers to try so many different setups when trying their game. It's not becasue the developers are trying to rush the game, but because it really is impossible to know how each and every computer will react untill the game is released. So when the developers feel that most people will be able to play the game without a hitch (as is w/ most games) they release it. Then when they see that in a number of setups that could not possibly be tested, simply because it would take years and years to do them all and by that time the game would be outdated, that there is a problem, then the developers work on a patch to fix it. For PC's since their are so many possible setups, and so many people who buy the games, when a game is realeased that works with %99.9 of setups, when that %.1 complains about the problem it turns how to be 1,000's of people, which is noticable. Fact of the matter is most games work with most computers, it's impractical to wnat a game to work flawlessly without the use of patches when it is first released.

Some games run better on Nvidia GPU's and some run better on ATI's. console games have bugs in them, at least with PC games you can get patches for them.

yeah you are right about that but what about bugs that are due to the game, like certain characters not acting properly, gameplay bugs, take the Sims 2 for instance, I haven't had many problems with it at all but many have, there sims do weird things, dissapearing objects, and other gameplay featuresthat are buggy that are not due to spec setups.

I could go deeper than this but I am also watching something.

Dishdog said:
If devolopers got ever single bug out of a game it would never be released,lol.

Bug free software is basically impossible.

So people should stop whining, it's almost as if they believe they could do a better job than professionals with years of experience.

i agree to that! Games take a long time and developers have a lot to do. Physics, graphics, sound and stuff. But I think they should have more beta testing done. B/c some of the problems can easyily be fixed. Also when beta testing, i think they sould run the on a myriad of different machines, from the required stats to the recommended, to the uber-leet!, and Have ppl not just try to beat the game and say all the bugs, but have ppl try to crash the game, or do crazy stuff, to get all the glitches out, like in some games you get blasted by a rocket launcher and you fly up, and you can see the undetailed parts of the game and stuff. If they spent a little more time testing the game it would be 200% better. Kotor 2 is a good example, i baought it and have to play it @ 800X600 just b/c it kept crashing, when i should have been playing it @ 1280X1024, but the Patch fixed that!

Lets look at HL2 the perfect example. People are complaining about "Reference memory cannot be read" errors and crashes. I am one of them although part of the problem is my computer. There have been literaly THOUSANDS of complaints about this. They are on there 5 thread about it on the forums and it is still near the top. Stea/Valve have done NOTHING about it. Everytime someone sends a report to support they say it is a hardware issue. But I came to find out that Steam/Valve have been recieveing these reports as early as BETA when they had all the time in the world to fix it. But they HAD to hit their release date because their founder decided to open an attatchment from an unknown email source which installed keyloggers. Which stole part of the source code and force Valve to push release back a year. They have recieved complaints since BETA and still haven't done anything about it. Now that is uncalled for.

I sem to remember reading an entry on Live journal a while back to do with the release of a game...

The game developers, (I.e the coders, prodect manager, technical architects etc,) are really pushed to the limit, sometime working 60 hour weeks,

on the run up to a release date the preassure is immense,

Don't blame the developers, blame the managers that set impossible time scales.

Games come out as best they can be made with the resources allowed. sometimes that won't be good enough,

it just happens, and sometimes thats not god enough either...

You are right in your post, sometimes games are released so ful of bugs it's basically a mind stuck with people irrelevantly blaming their hardware...

WOW is a classic example, with reports of some users magically falling off the map!!! I mean these are the people that are paying a subscription to be able to play these games that have well known (unpatched) bugs in them...

Sadly, ranting won't solve the issue, make your voice heard by deciding where our money goes...

sadly that doesn't work either, because you need to buy a game before you realise it doesn't work!

Patches. Frankly I play a game called merchant empires and I know the devs on a personnel level. They'll never get out ALL OF THE BUGS.

Back
Top Bottom