Hidden Video Files

King Creole

Beta member
I have a folder for tv programs on my 2nd HD. Suddenly they all disappeared --or so I thought. They don't appear on Windows Explorer views, but no memory freed up on the HD. When I manually add up folders they claim to use up only 47 GB, but if I click the properties of the HD 97 GB are reportedly in use.

How can I find these files in order to either recuperate or delete them?

PS: I just checked the folder and found a couple dozen episodes have reappeared. I updated my GeForce driver today, so something positive is going on. But other video files still remain hidden.

Thanks

Im not sure what has happened, but the files may be hidden. To view them click (on windows explorer) Tools (on the menu bar) -> Folder Options -> view (at the top of the popup) scroll down and you should see
Hidden Files and Folders
(radio button) do not show hidden files and folders
(radio button) show hidden files and folders
ensure that the second option is checked and click ok. You should then be able to see your files. If you can and want them to be viewable without having to see other hidden files. Right click on the file -> properties and ensure that the hidden tick box in unmarked.
If this doesn't work, I'm not quite sure what has happened. Windows screwing up again I guess

Back
Top Bottom