I made a computer ( need help ! )

jmiller18

Baseband Member
Hey guys I am new here and I have recently made a computer.

- AMD Anthlon Xp 2800
- Gigabyte GA-7N400S-L ( MB )
- Raidmax Cobra ( using the PSU of 420 W )
- ATI Radeon Allinwonder 9600xt
- Samsung DVD drive
- Samsung CD-RW drive
- Maxtor 80gb IDE HD
- pqi 512 ram
- 8 fans

Whenever I turn the computer on BIOS does not start. The screen stays in ' Sleep ' mode. I have tried to unplug fans to see if it is power problems. I have also sent back my MB and Video Card to newegg and gotten them both back brand spanken new. I think it is the PSU that I have from the case but I dont know. Please help me :confused: :( :mad:

well name what needs to be plugged in

p.s. I do know that I dont have my Cd audio plugged in because i didnt get the cables :(

that doesnt matter, it is your PSU. RAIDMAX's PSUs are horrible are notorious for blowing out a 5V rail which would in effect stop the charge from flowing cleanly to the CPU or RAM. This would prevent the BIOS from loading correctly. Now, what u can do is disconnect ALL of your drives, resit your RAM making sure that the RAM is in slot 1 and slot 3 if your Motherboard has 4 slots. Another thing u can do is try reseating the CPU in the ZIF socket and making sure it is really locked down. Also makesure that your ATX connector on the motherboard is all the way down. If even one pin isn't complete lodged in, it will cause this. Also, try and reset your BIOS by hitting the small reset button near the BIOS chip of system battery. If you dont have one, unplug the PC, hold down the the power button for 30 secs, then take out the system battery on the motherboard for 10 secs while holding the power button again for 5. Then put back in the battery and plug it back in and start it up. Try reseating your graphics card as well.

I have the same case if I am not mistaken. Do your LED lights and fans come on when you power on? If so I doubt it would be the PSU. Although I do not know how good the PSU that comes with that case is as I bought one that was a bit better. If the lights and fans come on it could be the power connector from the PSU to the Mobo. Again I am just guessing here as I am still new to this.

/edit I take that back I have the Scorpio case as listed in my sig. Duh!

The monitor button turns oarnge ( aka sleep ) My Powersupply may work Im not for shure

and also My fans do work and my fan on my ATI card does flow lol

Back
Top Bottom