Do I need a fast processor for graphic design and 3d modeling

goca

Baseband Member
Do i need a fast processor for graphic design and 3d modeling, im will be using photoshop, macromedia flas, and programs like that, and 3D Studio Max!

Will i need a fast processor for these, and also could you suggest any specifications i should use in my computer that i will be using.

Thanx guys!

okay, since you are using RAM and CPU intensive programs, I recommend a Pentium 4, yes a Pentium 4, at least 3.0ghz and 1 GB of RAM. Will you be doing video intensive programs? If so, you should use a 6600GT or up from Nvidia and x800Pro and up from ATI. Your choice. Have fun.

Ok, here we go again, everytime someone said that they need a 6600GT. This thing might be expensive for him, so tell him that what is his budget?

im just recommending what he needs im not telling him to get it. and i asked him if he does graphic intensive processes.

3ghz is a little overboard..

I have done some graphics, and videos. all I have is a Intel Celron PIII 1ghz.. This processor works just fine for photo, graphic, and video.

The main issue you need to tackle is RAM Get as much as you can..

but its very annoying when the processor is bottlenecking the whole system, im trying to prevent that. or he can just save some money and get a Northwood.

yeah, I see your point. but what he didn't state is how much of this is he going to be doing?

Full time like or just at home in spare time.. Spare time then no need to get top of the line..

My only beef is that too much of the market focuses on the CPU. When really you should more focus on the RAM.

well, 1 gig should be plenty unless he is running 5 RAM intensive programs at once.

Well i could either afford a mac mini, (which is totaly overpriced!!!) at £698 or a custom Pc at arround £700 (which could get me 3GHz processor, 2gig memory, and a good graphics card! so i just wanna know what would be the best thing to put in my custom pc keeping in the budget of arround £600 to £700,

ill be doing a graphic design degree so i will be using graphic programs, and 3d studio quite a lot! possibly for everything

Back
Top Bottom