windows xp sp2

mnikraysktiyttm

In Runtime
is it worth it? i cant search teh forums cause its too short so i gotta ask. the last time i had it was before i reformated and it disabled my unistall wizard that came with the computer, any one else have any opinions

nothing its just that i had a few problems with programs, plus it will take ages to install .. i would say do a fresh install.

As long as you have a clean system free of any infections (use virus/spyware checkers, and cleanups) and u have the latest drivers for all devices in your PC, and software (some versions that are built before Service Pack 2 came out) are all updated,

after following those steps, you should have no problem installing Service Pack 2, and its an upgrade that leaves you feeling a bit safer while surfing the net since it covers many of the security holes.

If you are worried though about it damaging your system, do a backup of valuable files that you cannot ever lose (should be backed up anyway:p) and then run it.
I think it saves the old version or something to get back to if something goes wrong (maybe in System Restore) thopugh if you press F8 at bootup to give you more options, one of them is to use old settings that worked, and this might also do it, so there are a few precautions you can take :)

I hope this helps :)

Yeah basically...thats all its built to do, patch up holes they haven't noticed in one big swoop, though it also adds a software firewall to the system too (though any free firewall, for example ZoneAlarm, would beat this Microsoft one any day which is built in) and so, if any firewalls are detected other than the Windows one, the Windows one automatically switches off to save from conflicts between the two programs.

Whats also weird though is that if you have 'Windows XP Professional' for example, it takes out 'professional' and leaves 'Windows Xp' at bootup...does anyone know why? Or is it a fault which they've never bothered fixing? Doesn't do any harm though, as its only the splash screen.

I hope this helps :)

Back
Top Bottom