Ctr?

Osak

Daemon Poster
Well i picked up an older ctr moniter (17inch) at a local computer store (couldnt pass it up for the price) I was woundering if it would be good for my brother for his gaming rig, its basically the same setup i have but it has a amd 3000+ (see sig for my stats) basically i want to know if it will display and work well with newer games and hardware.

thanks

Crt's are good because of their high refresh rate. I recommend crt's to all gamers, although newer lcd's that have 16ms are good too, but crt's yeah.

thats what i though i just didnt know because of it age if it could keep up, im guessing its about 3-5 years old.

*EDIT* The refresh rate is 85 max that still good? I mean will it cap out the FPS at 85 because of it refresh rate?

Just to make sure you know it's "CRT" not 'CTR'.

<edit> some LCD's have a response time of 8ms now.

Yea it a CTR 100% sure, so what do you think about the 85 as the mac refresh rate will it cpa out the FPS?

yo...

Get the maker and the model numbers off the sticker on the back.
Post that back here.

Ok i will post that as soon as i can (Currently in a diffrent state), thanks for the help :D

Well i just used everest to find out what kind of moniter it was and well looks like the guy at the computer store was a little confused, turns out its crt is this still ok for gaming?

Back
Top Bottom